In 2018 a new journal is founded directed to family medicine, called the Romanian Journal of Family Medicine (ISSN 2601 – 4874 ISSN-L 2601 – 4874) by Marinela Olăroiu, MD, PhD, former president of the Romanian Society of General Practice/Family Medicine (1998-2000), to provide a communication, research and education platform for the community of family doctors and general practitioners in Romania. Family medicine is the cornerstone of modern health care systems. Therefore up-to-date information on research and innovations, related to family medicine, is essential for continuous quality of care and the health status of citizens.
The Romanian Journal of Family Medicine reports on new developments in family medicine, scientifically and practically, and offers an (continuous) education platform for the community of family doctors and general practitioners in Romania.
The journal appears online, quarterly, plus supplements, in Romanian language with summaries in English. Also, full English manuscripts are published, because family medicine is a real international issue.
Family doctors, researchers and policy makers report on research and innovative projects in family medicine, primary care and on health care policy. Also, we want to stimulate the quality in family medicine by publishing discussions and debates on the development of family medicine.
Family medicine is a medical specialty that – as all evidence based sciences – develops constantly and needs to adapt to changes in morbidity and mortality and their determinants. Currently, family medicine forms the cornerstone of most modern health care systems.
The main objective of the Romanian Journal of Family Medicine is to provide a communication, research and education platform for the community of family doctors and general practitioners in Romania. In this spirit, supported by a dedicated website, this journal aims to:
– encourage and support the initiation and publishing of research and innovative projects in family medicine and primary care;
– disseminate knowledge about prevention, networks, quality services and innovations in family medicine;
– contribute to continuous medical education, increasing skills and improving quality in family medicine;
– provide materials to stimulate discussions and debates relevant to the development of family medicine;
– stimulate and facilitate the communication of family physicians and primary care team members with other health care specialists;
Annual subscription amount: 35 EURO
The steps to follow are:
- Pay the subscription by bank transfer into to the account:
Editor: Mediadomexpress S.R.L.
IBAN no. RO86INGB0000999907288719
Open at: ING Office Craiova Oltet, Romania
- Create an account on the site here (the account can only be used after it has been approved by the webmaster).
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org the name of the User, a copy of payment and the name and the e-mail address where the journal should be sent.