(ISSN 2601 – 4874 ISSN-L 2601 – 4874)
Family medicine is the cornerstone of modern health care systems. Therefore up-to-date information on research and innovations, related to family medicine, is essential for continuous quality of care and the health status of citizens.
The Romanian Journal of Family Medicine reports on new developments in family medicine, scientifically and practically, and offers an (continuous) education platform for the community of family doctors and general practitioners in Romania.
The new journal appears online, quarterly, plus supplements, in Romanian language with summaries in English. Also, full English manuscripts are welcome, because family medicine is a real international issue.
We invite family doctors, researchers and policy makers to report on research and innovative projects in family medicine and primary care. Also, we want to stimulate the quality in family medicine by publishing discussions and debates relevant to the development of family medicine.
Family medicine is a medical specialty that – as all evidence based sciences – develops constantly and needs to adapt to changes in morbidity and mortality and their determinants. Currently, family medicine forms the cornerstone of most modern health care systems.
The main objective of the Romanian Journal of Family Medicine is to provide a communication, research and education platform for the community of family doctors and general practitioners in Romania. In this spirit, supported by a dedicated website, this journal aims to:
– encourage and support the initiation and publishing of research and innovative projects in family medicine and primary care;
– disseminate knowledge about prevention, networks, quality services and innovations in family medicine;
– contribute to continuous medical education, increasing skills and improving quality in family medicine;
– provide materials to stimulate discussions and debates relevant to the development of family medicine;
– stimulate and facilitate the communication of family physicians and primary care team members with other health care specialists;
The Romanian Journal of Family Medicine appears online, quarterly, plus supplements.